August 5, 2009

How Stargazer Weddings Began

My passion for coordinating weddings started in the summer of 2007 when my friends, Travis and Krista, got married (See Blog "The Wedding That Started It All"). She asked me to coordinate her wedding because she knew I was detail oriented and that she could trust me to make her special day run smoothly. At first I was a little scared...that was a LOT of responsibility! However, I was not going to let her down so I dove right in! The day turned out to be a total success, even the rain stopped about an hour before the wedding! I can't take credit for the blue skies though, hahaha. I instantly fell in love with the idea of being a wedding coordinator and making the wedding day as flawless as possible.

Over the years I've coordinated weddings for friends...but the last wedding I coordinated in August of 2009 helped me realize that this was a passion of mine that I couldn't just do "here and there." I want to help more brides, like you, feel at ease on their wedding day so I decided to start Stargazer Weddings! It is one of the happiest days of your life, and my personality reflects that joy. I keep a smile at all times and stay energetic no matter the circumstance.

I quickly realized how important a wedding coordinator is at my own wedding in June of 2008. I thought I had everything covered. Cake? Check. Photographer? Check. DJ? Check...and the list went on and on. However, I forgot a crucial part to the wedding day: a wedding coordinator! The person that handles all the questions, because they already know the bride's answer...the person that makes sure everything and everyone is in the correct place at the correct time...the person that takes the stress off you and your family so you can take in every happy moment that you can. I was lucky enough to have my sister (my matron of honor, that's us to the right) step in and handle any questions that came along so I didn't have to. I wish she didn't have to take on that extra responsibility because I wanted her to celebrate the day with me, stress-free. That's what I want for you, for you to simply enjoy and celebrate the day with your husband, family, and friends.

Photo by Honeysuckle Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment